Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Our Science Kid & Our Engineer Kid

If you know us well, you know Jeff and I are pretty strict on the use of technology in the house. 
They usually get a half hour and if they are REALLY lucky a hour ... I'm not saying electronics are bad but I like these two to keep busy with other things if possible. So, all Christmas legos have been put together and he has a pretty impressive Star Wars collection these days. 
 And Greta got the owl pellet she asked for this Christmas.. yes owl pellet. She spent many hours one afternoon dissecting it, very very slowly not to break any bones inside. 

 it was alot of work, she spent alot of time taking off layers with tooth picks unlike me who would have broken it and stabbed at it. 
 These were all the bone pieces she found...From the pieces she could tell the pellet contained 1 and 1/2 rodents..ugh.. but cool.. So now she is going to work on putting the bone pieces together after she cleans them. It was entertaining for me to watch but Fieldin was thoroughly disgusted and had no interest. 
 so he went to work drawing out plans for new ships and going to work on them.. I should have gotten my own work done since both kids were busy in their own little worlds for hours but I was having too much fun watching them.

No comments: