Thursday, October 23, 2014

Baker

We are enjoying schedules slowing down and evenings at home. 
We are taking a couple months off of sports and just going to veg, that's something we aren't good at but I think we all need it and it gives us time to enjoy the holidays coming up. 
Fieldin's done with soccer and Greta's almost done with volleyball. She started up 4-H in baking and sewing and really enjoys it. She also is a mathlete this year and enjoying math club that just started for the year. 
 We had early dismissal yesterday and a book report that was almost done so Greta made a pumpkin cake, her first cake, and did a good job. I just kind of watched over her shoulder but she did the work. 
 We cheated and used pre-made icing(because I am horrible at making it) and she liked icing the cake. She had never done it before and was excited to try. 
 Here's her finished product.. she made it gluten free so I got to try it too. It was very good. 
I don't bake often so I lucked out having two bakers in the family!I like having Jeff and Greta bake and I get to eat it!

No comments: