Sunday, March 23, 2014

Things Are Changing...

Things are changing around her so quickly these days.. both kids have changed and grown so much these last couple months that it is like getting to know them again. Normally this change would make me sad and mourn the days they were "little" but I am doing ok..and to be honest I am liking these changes and feeling even closer to them. Greta is changing in so many ways, I feel like we are getting to know this new Greta emerging.. One that isn't as much into playing or "kid" things. She is more independent, strong and curious. Then there is Fieldin.. he invents instead of plays these days and has shot up like a bean pole. 
I've been busy just trying to keep up with them as they change and it was something as simple as beach toys that made me come to terms with it. They are getting older and that is good. (Fieldin is reading over my shoulder as I type..no privacy anymore:) )
For years we have been toting bags of beach toys down to the beach.. over time they have sat there untouched or slightly scattered. Today they were ignored. Greta had her volleyball and a need to explore and look for fossilized rocks. Fieldin used his shovel to dig "water traps" for people walking the beach.. "they will just walk along and step into my sand water trap and they won't even know it!!" (giggle giggle) he said as he dug and flung sand. After his traps were set he headed to the waves with the skim board and the toys sat. And sat. And I realized we are done with them now. 
 Gret searching on her own.. 
 setting his traps
 a fossilized shell shaped like a heart found by Greta 
 more sneaky traps..
 and telling me stories...
 ......and resting after running and running...(Fieldin is still reading what I type...and says he ran through the river by himself and it was fun!)
 and of course messing with brothers traps..
 and skim boarding.
 and the excitement when he did it.. 
 Watching them grow and change is pretty amazing. Some times stressful but very amazing. :) 

By Fieldin: 
you do it alwaz run in fret ov it stand on it
(Fieldin wrote this on his own. He sat and sounded out each word. It says "You do it always run in front of it. Stand on it. I was right, change is pretty amazing) 
Good job Fieldin. Go take a bath now. (he's still reading over my shoulder) :) 

No comments: