Saturday, March 22, 2014

Battle of the Books Championships

Greta's battle of the books team ended up being the third grade finalists and were undefeated going into the championships. I am so proud of these kids. They are so smart and so full of courage. In the championships they battled against the 4th and 5th grade finalists. As a parent I have to say watching Gret battle makes me nervous and makes me start biting my nails again.. They battled in front of their whole school and other nervous parents. In the end they got third place but they should be proud of how they did. Greta just loved it. Being in front of people doesn't phase her, so she thought it was fun and a great experience. She also won some money toward books so that was what she was most excited about. She has been waiting to be old enough to battle since kindergarten.. so I would say she did pretty well in her first year. Congrats kiddo. I told Gret if her team made it to the finals I owe them a trip to frozen yogurt.. I guess I need to pay up now. 
 Gret's picture projected on the wall
 The "Furious Four" 
 When it was over they were dancing and smiling.. during the battle they were quite serious, competitive and even a bit snippy with each other....

Greta with the roster sheets.. there were alot of third grade teams competing this year compared to 4th and 5th grade. I have to say it is a bit of a relief its over. The battles started in January so this has been on our minds for awhile. 

No comments: