Monday, December 16, 2013

Over The Weekend

 We weren't home too much this last weekend which was fine with us. I think we are still in cooped up mode after that week of school closures. We spent the weekend having some holiday fun and visiting with friends. It was especially nice to see our friend Mark for a bit this weekend while he was home visiting. Early Saturday morning the kids were busy with glitter(above) making decorations and glittering up their pictures. I contain the glitter to a box mostly so I'm not worried about it getting all over the house, I still find it everywhere anyway.. 
 Then a trip to our favorite nursery where the kids learned how to make their own swags out of different greens, magnolia leaves, dried oranges, pine cones and bells. I love how they turned out. 
 last night we went to zoo lights. The kids remembered their "light" glasses from years passed. 
 I liked the puffin and Greta liked the scene from Wizard of Oz. 
 Checking out the lights. He kept getting up on picnic tables to see better.. 

 ocean scene lights.. 
 These lights looked like a penguin sliding on its belly.. 
 more lights and a lit up carousel

 We seem to go here every year, I think it has become a tradition. A very fun weekend. 

No comments: