Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful

 Since both kids were three, I have had them work on yearly "Thankful books". Looking back at previous years it was pretty funny the things they were thankful for at that special time in their lives. If they could write, even a little, I had them do it and always draw a picture if they could. Besides cutting out the paper, I wanted as little to do with it as possible because I wanted these to be all theirs. They have been thankful for elephants, Tinkerbell, pumpkin patches, family and so much more over the years. 
 The only request I made this year is that Greta would write her name in cursive since she is learning this year. I think she will appreciate looking back on it one day. 
 My heart was happy that they both were thankful for family.  I got them going on this project thinking it would take weeks for them to do like in the past. Instead, it took minutes.. I need to get used to having big kids. 

 They both also were thankful for pumpkin pie which was interesting. If they had worked on these together I wouldn't be surprised assuming they looked at each others work. But they did these at different times.. Great minds think alike. :) 
 There were many pages more. Greta's answers are getting more mature where you can see she's seeing the big picture, like the world. She was also thankful for school and having a house etc.. Fieldin was mostly thankful for food & candy :) 

No comments: