Friday, August 9, 2013

She Likes To Be Onstage

 Miss Greta likes to act. She likes to be onstage in front of people. Her face lights up. As it turns out, she also likes to sing in front of people. We were proud and I will admit a little surprised. She remembered all her lines and her solo part of the group song. Her voice projected and she wasn't nervous.She looked at home up on the stage. I forgot that she is only 8 years old and not in middle school like her fellow socks. 
The play was about the world under the bed of a teenager. She was Dot the mismatched sock looking for her mate Spot. It was very cute, lots of socks, dust bunnies and monsters, all under the bed. 
Its been 2 years since she got to act and she has changed so much. She was very happy to do it again. 

 While we waited for the theatre to open at the HS, Fieldin was bored so spent his time standing in a locker. I told him when he is in HS, the last place he will want to be is put in a locker.. or a toilet for that matter. 
Here is a bit of Greta. The lighting in the theatre wasn't good and we were sitting half way up so the sound and quality to say it bluntly, sucks. I tried to clip part of another video so you could here her sing but my software hates me. She sang "match me maybe" to the tune of "call me maybe" with the other socks. If you live around here she will be more than happy to sing you her solo...and so will Fieldin since he has it memorized too.  

No comments: