Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pleasant Smells Of Spring? Nah... That's Vinegar & A Few What Now's

Vinegar, Spring...Spring,Vinegar.... I don't know about you but this time of year I think about vinegar. Odd yes, but it's everywhere, for me at least... 
Dying eggs,
Some of the Spring foods we make and store, 
and CLEANING. 
In Winter, not so much vinegar...just saying. 
 The kids woke up EARLY. They wanted to dye eggs pronto. After each munch of my cereal, I caught a glimpse of 2 sets of wide-eyed eyes and murmurs of "dye eggs now? dye eggs now?" 
They learn their patience from me. 
After said cereal, I got out all the egg making fun and we were dying eggs by 8 a.m. 
 They love it. Fieldin told me it was a fun morning. Of course, this is playing with food and making messy fun. What could be better, really? 
 They enjoy putting stickers on theirs and using dye q-tips to draw with. Myself, I am quite fond of the wax crayon. 
 Then they looked at me and said, "What now?" 
So we made tornados in a jar. 
I thought it was cool, them not so much. I blame the advancement of science in our schools. Makes my parlor tricks seem boring. Luckily for us there was a whole lot of shakin' and no breakin'. Or I'd be mopping at 9 a.m. 
Then they looked at me and said, "What now?" 
 So we painted nails, played a game, and drew. 
Then they looked at me and I said "Go outside"
A few more days to go til the end of Spring break. I need to up my game tomorrow and take them out or figure out how to make something blow up to keep their attention... Tornado in a jar! How can that not be cool? 

No comments: