Saturday, August 11, 2012

You Would Think I Wasn't Afraid Of Heights

Those of you that know me well, know I DON'T LIKE HEIGHTS. That being said, I made a promise to myself years ago that I would never let the fear hold me back from fun..and I never have. Gondolas in the Alps, Airplanes, Ferris Wheels, Climbing Cliffs in New Mexico and hiking at high elevations.. I've done it and though I thought my heart would jump out of me, I kept going (mostly thanks to my cheerleader Jeff). 
Today was one of those ignore the fear days.

 I haven't felt well the last couple days but have been waiting a week to go on this cool hike by the Oregon Coast. It's a moderate hike and a little over 3 miles round trip. The thing is on this hike you have a beautiful view of a waterfall but one must cross a 100 ft high suspension(yeah the kind that moves...) bridge that is 3 feet wide and 240 feet long...ahem. I did it. I am glad. Did I take multiple trips back and forth..nope. 
 Us ready to walk across... and a big thank you to Greta, walking in front of me swinging the bridge side to side. 
 The view of the waterfall from the bridge. 
 Crossing
 The kids and Jeff on one of their trips across. 
Big bonus... playing barefoot in the creek on our hike down. 

No comments: