Tuesday, August 21, 2012

When You Can't Find The Right Hula Hoop, Make Two.

After shopping around for heavy, durable hula hoops, I gave up. 
I did some research and decided to make our own. 
Greta is very good at hula hooping. It is pretty cool to watch. She needed a good hula hoop that would hold up. So for the same price of a thin plastic hula hoop at the store we went "made to order" on our own. I was going to take on this project alone with the kids but very glad I waited for a day when spouse could help. Jeff is much better at these things than I am. Yes, I said it. 
 Greta with the 10 foot piece of pipe. We just attached with a pipe connector and decorated with their choice of duct tape. 
 Fieldy trying his out. He found flame duct tape that look like Hot Wheel car flames. Here he is jumping through his "ring of fire"
 A very patient Jeff taping the hoop. 

Hoopers. Greta's has solid penguins on hers and Fieldin opted for stripes of flames and play gravel inside his tube to make lots of noise when he spins.

No comments: