Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Clubhouse

The last few days the kids have been setting up a "clubhouse" in the backyard. Greta made the sign above. "The Inspector Gadget Club. No Smoking" Since we don't smoke and no one we know smokes, I told her I didn't think she should worry about second hand smoke. She told me someone may stop by so they need to know the rules... So what happens in the clubhouse? Well today and most of the time it is Greta laying down and reading to us while Fieldin lays in his lizard sleeping bag pretending that it ate him. He puts his alarm clock right next to his head, to wake him up. I sit in any open space listening or doing a little knitting. The cat comes and goes. 
The sleeping bags are covered in Popsicle, dirt, mac & cheese and juice. With the clubhouse, bike riding and all the Fat Albert we've been watching I am having major flashbacks to my childhood summers. 

No comments: