Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Glance Around Here

 The daily line up of nutcrackers. Fieldin says the big Nutcracker is the daddy because it plays a trumpet, "Only daddy's play trumpets" he says.
 Tree #2.
 After the kids go to bed and I want to watch a little T.V...the cat joins me. He lays on his back with his feet in the air.
 What's Christmas without a few inflatables on the front porch...

Lots of Christmas excitement going on around here. Fieldin is pretty much singing Christmas songs all day except for when he is fighting with his sister and having long conversations with the cat about Christmas. "Chompers, if you are good you get to open a present on Christmas from Santa. if you are baaaad, then no present for you. Snowflakes will fall on Christmas. Chompers you be good".

Greta is very excited too. Counting down the days on her advent calendar and upset because I didn't buy the small carrots for the reindeer today. She is singing and dancing to Christmas songs most of the day and if not doing that, bugging me for a playdate with her friends.

I am not in my usual Christmas giddiness this year. I think I am still adjusting to the mild climates here and missing some snow. We went on a walk today and the sun was shining and lawns were being mowed. hmmmm....

1 comment:

Sara said...

Lawns were being mowed?! That boggles my mind :) Loved seeing a pic of you, and man, those inflatables are huge!