Thursday, September 15, 2011

Right Now

Haven't posted for awhile so here is a Greta update!
She loves school. She likes her teacher very much.
Greta says her favorite things about school are the playground, math and reading everyday.
She is still a lover of books, besides the books we have at home we are starting biweekly trips to the library to keep up with her.
so what else has been going on around here...
Chompers the cat loves to play fetch. He catches then brings the object back to us, drops it at our feet and waits for us to throw. This is awesome except for when I am trying to cook dinner. If I don't throw he shoves his object at my toes over and over. He also is very protective of the kids. Love you chompers, and your plastic straw addiction.
I decided to buy 25+ lbs of tomatoes to make pasta sauce for winter. Thanks to my friend, Wendy, I have a great recipe. My last two days have been filled with cutting tomatoes. The sauce is great but after spending so much time with tomatoes wondering when I will want to eat one again.
Fieldin is loving doing puzzles. He finishes big floor puzzles alone and yells" I did it!" All he wants to do is play puzzles and go to soccer practice these days... and eat cookies.
Fall is on the way and I am so happy. I love the cooler weather. I roasted a butternut squash to welcome Fall last night.
I have been working out regularly and not expecting too much too soon. It was hard to get motivated but I am enjoying it now. My poor old body is still not quite used to it yet. I am enjoying feeling stronger.
We are enjoying all of our hibiscus blooms that change daily. I just wish they would stay around longer.
also looking forward to seeing some family over the coming weeks.
Life has been busy but getting back into the swing of things!

No comments: