Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hurry To The War

There is something you all may not know about me. I love history and have wanted to go to a civil war reenactment for a long time. I've never had a chance until we moved to Oregon where they are quite easy to find. The kids "dressed" in war attire. I asked Greta if she knew how people dressed in the 1800's and she said "They wore brown clothes and were covered in mud". Fieldin's attire was more late depression era while Greta wore her beret. She looked more French Revolution than Civil war but noone judged. Greta ran to the war site yelling"Hurry to the war. We will miss the war". I wonder how our forefathers would find the enthusiasm.


The cannons were a bit loud!
war casualties.

playing the part in a 'coon cap.



Union soldiers


In a cloud of gunfire






1 comment:

Cherisa said...

I'm surprised in all your visits to New England that you haven't taken in a few reenactments here. They're all over the place!

Cute pictures! I've been keeping up with your blog but haven't had much time to comment with my semester being so insane. Here's to a quieter summer!