Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Around The Yard- May

Fieldy and I spent the morning tinkering around the backyard this morning. I love my plants and the extra growing season we get here.

Here are a few pics of the backyard. It is less than a year old.


Most people are not excited about moss but I am.... I have been waiting for the stone patio to fill in with moss. I live in Oregon, why fight the green. The man who laid our patio says most people opt to go moss free, so he was surprised that we liked it.. It will help hold the pavers in place..and if we ever get tired of it a quick power wash will clean it up. No harm done. I think I will keep the tops of the stone moss free for now and just let it grow happily in the crevices.
Black eyed susan. This baby is taking off and I need a place for it. Original plans for it didn't work out. I'm thinking of putting it in a pot on the front porch...

happy plants.

one of my roses and our raspberry plant below.


Fieldy tormenting backyard frogs.


I planted this at the end of last summer and it is already spreading.. so happy.


azaela

my mamas day rose tree


still tormenting frogs...

1 comment:

Sara Johnson said...

It all looks great! I am super jealous of your moss and the frogs :) We are on the hunt for a few for our pond.

Have you really been in that house a year already?