Tuesday, October 26, 2010

She Can Read!!! And Some Pumpkins....

First off.. I am full of pride today. Miss Greta is a reader. She came busting off the bus today so fast Fieldin didn't even get a hello. She said she wanted to read to me so we sat right down next to the front door and she read. Then Jeff came home for lunch and she read to him. It is an amazing thing. This afternoon, I got out the old school Dick and Jane book and she did great. Sounding out new words that came along. Good job, Love. We are so so proud. I always said if you were a thing, you would be a book. You love them so. Now you get to experience them in a whole new way.
Now onto the pumpkins...

Greta scooped and cut up her own pumpkin this year ALL by herself. No help was accepted or needed. Here pump is the firefly next to her. I carved an owl and James the train, Jeff did Tinkerbell and a face and there is a batman pumpkin in there somewhere for Fieldin as well.
Fieldin was all over these pumpkins. He liked cleaning out all the seeds and then putting them back in the pumpkin.....

Us... covered in pumpkin goo and a day of roasting pumpkin seeds ahead of us. We roasted three mason jars full of seeds.


oh, here it is. His batman pumpkin... "I....Batman!!!" he says. And my gynormous pumpkin. This was my fault, I get carried away at pumpkin patches. I couldn't even lift it. It was too big really. I will try to scale down next year... or so I say.







1 comment:

Sara said...

Awesome to Greta! And those pumpkins look so cool. Way better than any I've seen around here :)

And three jars full? Yum!