Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Cliche' I Know....

I know it is very cliche' but where has summer gone?
We have been blessed with more guests as of late and have forgotten to pay attention to what is going on outdoors. This morning I saw three sets of Fieldin's sand covered rain boots in a pile in the garage. He has grown out of all of them since summer began. I took a look at our cookie cutter front yard as I pulled out of the garage and decided it was time to add some color and fragrance and a trip to the nursery was a must. Fieldy and I dropped Greta off at drama camp( I know...like we need her to fine tune her dramatic skills even more but she is loving it!) and we headed to the nursery. We arrived to find limp, end of season plants, barely any roses and many markdowns.. I have missed all the growing seasons.. How did this happen? My gardening dreams will have to wait til next spring.
Time is flying too fast. The days have been extremely full. Fieldin is spewing out sentence after sentence. Greta is happiest among friends and wearing her dress up jewelry and twinkle toes. My rock/sea glass collection is growing and my time going to work out is decreasing. I stay up late reading and remedy it with a trip to the coffee stand each morning. I play more and turn the computer on less and less. I better enjoy these next few weeks of summer because it will pass by quickly. I have a school supply list hanging over my head...
Hope you all are having a nice summer.

No comments: