Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quite Possibly An Oregon Conspiracy...

I've been slacking a bit again.. I've been under the weather and suffering from slight writer's block, despite having lots of stories to tell. I am going to try to get in the habit of writing on the ol' blog again. So what to write today...what's rambling around in my somewhat hollow head....sorry just distracted by Greta telling me just now "we can't keep Fieldin pudgy." Noted. Thank you Greta.
So lets talk about an Oregon Conspiracy I have been pondering....rain. Every morning I check the weather and it tells me we will have rain. rain, partly cloudy, rain...repeat, repeat, repeat. The funny thing is I haven't seen much rain and would have to say this rain theory is a bit inaccurate. I have enjoyed many sunny days ranging in the mid 50's to low 60's since we have moved here. I am sure this is a bit abnormal and we are having a strange weather year or are we? Or is rain a way for Oregonians to keep tourists at bay, to keep them from stealing rocks from their beaches, from eating all their fresh produce and keeping their tax free shopping to themselves..hmmm. We've heard March and April are the really rainy months around here. We will just have to wait and see about that. For now I will ignore the consistantly wrong forescasts and enjoy the weather. I am on to you Oregon.
On a sidenote, I do think the summer months at the ocean are EXTREMELY rainy though...and cold...very miserable...just saying....ahem.. I know I know, lying. But the tourists will come and find my seaglass! I may have to join along in this conspiracy. Where can I sign up?

No comments: