Friday, December 4, 2009

The Contents Of My Purse

This was too good not to post...

Once upon a time I didn't use a purse. I just carried around my keys and a tiny wallet. Some of you may remember this....... At some point after Greta was born, I carried around a small purse that I crammed a bottle and a diaper in. I owned a diaper bag but left it in the car for emergencies. There was no way I was lugging a big bag around.

Now, I find myself carrying around a gynormous bag. It's big. These days I look like I am heading out to catch a plane instead of running errands. My purse looks like a carry on. A big purse is my equivalent to a mini van. I hear people say"I'll never be caught dead driving a mini van". Well, a Saturday morning spent at pee wee soccer will show you this isn't the case.. I said I would never have a big purse OR a mini van... We all see what my future holds don't we.

I blame the children for my big bag. I am always carrying their food, collected pamphlets, paint sample cards, garbage, business cards, rocks & leaves, snot rags....Instead of just confronting the truth and carrying a diaper bag like a sane person, I just got a bigger purse. Here is what I found in my purse today:

Anti- bac wipe container, Mickey mouse scarf, knit cap, keys/wallet/ 75 cents, receipts & a notebook..no pen though, I lost it, 2 grocery lists, 2 rubberbands(both pink)/Disney princess hair clip/bobby pin, one paper clip, 3 recipe cards, a coloring book and crayons(for emergencies), 1 clothespin(?), 2 punch cards (with hardly any punches..I forget), 1 coupon, 7 travel brochures, dental floss, a toddler granola bar, kleenex, 3 small containers of (probably stale) cheerios and crackers, neosporin spray, band aids ( reminder to self: need to restock), Elmo cell phone, 2(!) tubes of lotion.

Anyone want to share what's in your purse?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hee hee. And I cleaned mine out last week.

Daily planner, HUGE book of timesheets from school district, ID badge for same district, wallet, keys, two pens, Burt's Bees chapstick, two hairties (and my hair has been to short to tie back for like two months, five packs of daytime flu/cold medicine, phone, camera, four Ricola cough drops, 33 cents, a farily large piece of fabric with fuzz stuck all over it (from new mittens I suppose, and a bank receipt. Wow. And there is usually a hat and mitts in there too.

What the hell will I do when I have kids?

Raylene said...

That is GREAT. Thank you.

When you have kids, you can borrow the roller bag I will probably soon be pulling around....:)

Deanna said...

Purse? I have a BACKPACK for crying out loud! One day I will graduate back into a large tote. I would say purse, but let's be honest...those days are a long way away...