Monday, August 10, 2009

Home Is Where You Drop Your Hat


Sunflower & Bee
Originally uploaded by inthewheatfields

I am going to talk a little about our home today because I've been thinking about it alot lately. I have become something that I thought I would never be...a homebody. I am sure our home is more in shock of this than I am. I've never really LIVED in our house much. Sure I hammer lots of holes in the walls, paint it pretty colors and make a mess of it but I never have really gotten to know the house very well. In all honesty we haven't spent lots of time in it over the years. We travelled, ran errands and played outdoors. When we were inside we were busy making memories and not paying much attention to it. Lately I have been getting acquainted with the house. I've learned where to jump over creaks in the floor, as to not wake the baby. To appreciate the amazing sunsets, the breezes and the way the light hits the walls in late afternoon. I feel sad that it took me so long to appreciate it. It isn't too big or too small. It is quiet and low maintenance. Really, it is just right. I am not sure if the house is used to us living in it so much, but I am sure it will get used to the knicks,dents and overwhelming noise. I am sure the house will grow to love us as we have grown to love it...well maybe.

No comments: