Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Brings Cleaning

Darn It.

On another note, the babe is sitting on his own. I think he has been able to do it for awhile now. That is life with a second child. With the first child one writes thesis like notes about every "first". I remember waiting and waiting for Greta to hit her first milestones. With the second you find yourself saying "Hey, you're sitting now ??" while watching your baby sit for quite some time playing with toys. No tipping over. Not needing to be entertained. Not expecting a big "woot woot" for his new skill. It is such a different experience the second time around. I am just as proud, just as happy but just less "mommy crazy" the second time around. Soon I'll find him walking around, if not, I learned the first time around mobility is overrated. The safety gate is my arch nemesis.

1 comment:

Cherisa said...

Yeah... We weren't all that excited to have Aiden mobile, either. Other parents with first children were dragging their little 9-month-olds up and down the hall at church and I was begging Aiden to stop cruising so much. : )

Maybe I'm a bad mom but I totally agree that mobility is completely overated. Now our monster likes to run out to the parking lot ahead of us to "do it himself!" (it being getting the car and into his seat).