Monday, February 9, 2009

A Year of Love For You

I really dislike Valentine's Day. There I said it. I have no reason to dislike it really. Maybe my time in advertising made me a bit cynical of what the day has become. I haven't been scorned, actually Cupid has always been very good to me. After all, he knew to match me with someone who dislikes Heart day as much as I do. Jeff and I have never really celebrated Valentine's day, that is, until we had Miss Greta. When you have a girl who loves pink, ribbons, cards and hearts, you can't really deprive her from celebrating V-day. Around here it is more about the art projects and baking then the day itself. Jeff and I choose not to partake in the February 14 fun but we make up for it throughout the year. He lets me have the last piece of garlic bread(even though I've eaten more), He tells me I'm pretty even when I am covered in baby gunk and on the scariest day of my life he held my hand and made everything ok. Those moments can never be replaced with overpriced wilting flowers and a store bought card. So for all you out there, I wish you a YEAR full of love and happiness from us...... not just a days worth.

P.S. I just realized I took 3 blog free days off. I've been a little distracted with unnecessary book shopping, excited V-day party talk from Miss Greta, watching some lacrosse and hockey, lots of dancing with Greta and watching Fieldin consume his body weight in rice cereal...... I think that would distract anyone.

No comments: