Saturday, February 28, 2009

Our Newest Painted Portrait

This was so hard to photograph, so my apologies. You will have to squint. My canvas is long and odd shaped and I still wasn't able to fit the whole thing in my shot. This is our 2009 family portrait. I love doing these. They are non-traditional and a little quirky just like us, and each portrait is full of our little families inside jokes. I hope these will be fun keepsakes for the kids someday. Jeff and Greta had a lot of great input for this portrait and since Fieldin can't talk and say "please, no" he ended up sitting in the sand with a crab pulling at his little speedo swim trunks and his expression is priceless. Jeff decided to be buried up to his neck in sand. I love that I can use my love of painting and cartooning to bring our day at the beach to life. If you'd like to see the portrait from last February when we were just a trio it is here.