Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Am Very Cold....


It is cold.. It is wearing armwarmers in the house cold. It was -3 when we ran out to get some groceries. This very long cold streak made me have to dig deeper in our winter bin for reinforcements. This is where the Foxy lady hat comes in. My parents/sister probably don't even remember this hat(correct me if I am mistaken). This great hat was a gift from my sweet grandpa who passed away when I was seven. It happened in December. I am not one to hold on to "things" for sentimental reasons but I can't part with this hat. I told Greta where my hat came from and this conversation followed:
Me: This was from my grandpa who is in heaven. I miss him.
Greta: My grandpa is a long drive away too. I miss him too.
Greta: Does your grandpa have cheez-its?
Me: (big laugh) probably, I am sure heaven has lots of cheez-its. (or it wouldn't be heaven)

The holidays are always a good time to remember those that have passed or that we don't see as much as we would like. Be extra thankful for those people in your life. I sure am.......



No comments: