Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Advent Calendar Doesn't lie

Maybe it is the lack of snow here on the Palouse. Maybe it's because I am not prepared. I just can't believe there is only 16 days till Christmas. I can only believe this to be true because the advent calendar said so.. and it never lies. Greta makes sure of this. Those little numbered windows are opened every morning...First thing. Not one is overlooked. It is her duty to see what fun picture lies beneath window #8. So this morning half groggy we opened the window (to find a pic of a cake ???) and then I felt panic. The shopping, the Christmas cards, the undone decorating.. but then I saw this shadow on my wall (From my stocking holder) and I realized it will be ok. If that stuff doesn't get done. It doesn't get done. So I am going to enjoy the next 16 days and maybe hope for a little snow along the way.

No comments: